Friday 24 June 2011

The Opener

It's that time of year again when all us bass anglers get excited and start looking for those bags of tackle that we bought during the last few months to get us through. The season opens tonight at midnight and in years past I used to be out on the water jitterbug in hand, but tonight I will be in my hotel room tying rods and looking at the weather channel trying to figure out if I'm going to make the big run south. Cause that what this opener is all about, but we've talked about this already so I'll leave that alone. After chasing southern largemouth for the last 6 months I have to switch gears to smallmouth and our lazy northern strain largemouth. This is not easy task I miss a lot of fish the first day on the hook set. I'm usually on pace by tournament day. Looking for small mouth structure comes back fast because I've been doing that for over 35 years.
 I thought about not doing the Casey Cup this year because I hate Simcoe but the idea of not fishing in a tournament on opening weekend just doesn't sit well with me. Plus it's a wild-card for the CSFL, lol.
I want to wish everyone good luck this weekend and season and be safe.
Tight lines & take care.  

No comments:

Post a Comment