Monday 4 July 2011

Three Days In The Bay

 Spent the last 3 days on the Bay of Quinte and it was fantastic. The weather was good and the fish were biting. Brought in a limit everyday and built up my points for the CSFL Classic. The last day was a wild card event that was restricted to the bay only. That leveled out the playing field with all those boat that ran out to Lake Ontario all week. My last day I fished two spots that I had been holding onto, It had cattails and pads. I fished it Okeechobee style which I've learned from my good friend Steve Crowley of Crowley Guide Service. I pushed the boat into the cattails and flipped the clear water. I wasn't back there too long when I realized that they were still on beds. I saw a lot of fry but all I could catch were the bulls guarding them. I saw a few big females cruising but they wouldn't bite. So Marc and I brought in a bag of bulls for 13.65 lbs. I had a great birthday on the water. We did rack up good points for the Classic and that was the plan. Tight lines and take care!

Crowley's Guide Service 1-863-286-7025

No comments:

Post a Comment