Thursday 7 June 2012

North For The Summer

 I'm starting my northern tournaments this month and you can't believe the difference. I have to change out some rods and a lot of tackle. The northern strain of largemouth is so different than the Florida strain that I can get away with lighter tackle up north cause the cover is lighter and the structure is more open.
 This year I'm fishing the Northern FLW Everstarts as well as Bass Renegade and some CSFL's and believe it or not I'm fishing less lol. There never seems to be enough time to get everything done during the summer months, so I decided to slow things down this year and concentrated on bodies of water that I know I can produce on. In the last few years I have been fishing everything on one circuit's schedule and I have found that there were lakes that just weren't suited to my style of fishing and so produced poor results. Now I know what your thinking I'm just gonna fish lakes that I like to fish or that I know I can cash a check on. That's not it, there are some waters that are still tough for me but I'm fishing them cause they match my style. There is also the Renegades, I have not fished a lot of that water so that will be new to me this year. But with all of this I should still have time to get things done and work on a special project that I have had to keep on the back burner.
 So far this year has been great and I finished higher in the FLW Everstart southeast division than I have ever. And I never would have been able to do that with out sponsors like Evinrude, St. Croix Rods, Xzone Baits, JB's Fishing Depot, Sirius Satellite Radio, VIA Rail, Bay Marine, and the whole gang at CPI Pictures and Management. And of course none of this would be possible without the funniest man alive Russell Peters. 
 I'll keep you posted on my pre-fish on Kerr next week. Take care everyone and tight lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment