Friday 17 June 2011

2011 Tournament Trail

Next week is the Casey Cup, The first tournament of the year for the CSFL bass trail. It's a wild-card event but it is also one of the biggest tournaments of the year. I'm not a fan of the body of water it's on but what are you gonna do. Lake Simcoe and Couchiching are not easy lakes, Simcoe is a smallmouth factory that I'm sure holds the world record but it also eats Rangers. The ride from Orillia down to the islands in ten foot waves can be a nightmare. I have stuffed the boat 4 times on that run and have lost and broken equipment. If the lake is blowing I don't make the run, I sit up in Couchiching and hunt for the big largemouth prize, plus having to explain to the Funny and the Money how I sank the boat isn't a conversation I would like to have. lol! But with the hope that the lake will be calm enough that I can make the run I will spend the next few days prepping the boat for rough water and hard driving cause I know that if I don't make the run I haven't got a snowballs chance in hell of winning or even coming close.

 After the Casey it will be non-stop for the next 3 months, I love it and look forward to it for months. It's hard and like I said it's non-stop tournament fishing. We are so close this year I can taste it! This year is going to be it. I have never felt so in-tuned to something. This will be are break out year.

 Good luck to all my fellow competitors be safe out there and tight lines! 

No comments:

Post a Comment