Monday 25 June 2012

2012 CSFL Casey Cup

 Wow what a day! As you all know I hate lake Simcoe and it hates me, lol. So why do I fish this event?, I'll tell you why. Because its great! Its for a good cause and that lake is so wild anything could happen, plus the smallies that are caught have to be seen to believe. Now saying all that I didn't leave Couchiching lol. My co-angler Nelson Oliveira and I spent the whole day in 3 spots about a mile from the boat ramp. We weighted in 17.50 lbs and spent less than $10 in gas. As good as that sounds it took 20 lbs plus just to break the top 20! So 17.50 put us in 43rd. I was hoping to finish better but Simcoe really gave it up. But I had fun and caught fish all day long, we were culling by 9:30 and having a blast. The day was not so smooth as it sounds though as I had to replace a live well pump, the trolling motor release rope and the batteries were dead in both my weight scales so we were kicking it old school with the balance beam.

 Xzone Slammers ruled the day as dropshotting was the way to go to get those smallies up from the deep. There is no better bait to use if your dropshotting! And for my largemouth the Xzone Swammer was the ticket. The sensitivity and strength of my St. Croix Legend Tournament dropshot rod can not be match, it preformed perfectly allowing me to set the hook and fight those smallies using light line.

 I would to thank the whole gang at the CSFL for doing a great job as always running this event. Well I'm off to make repairs and prep for my next tournament. Tight lines and take care everyone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment