Thursday 5 July 2012

2012 Renegade on Mississippi Lake

 Well last week was the first Renegade of 2012 on Mississippi Lake, I had never fished this body of water before and it took a bit to get my head around it. It's a shallow lake that seems to be a smallie lake, and the largies I was finding were deeper than the smallies! I spent 2 day practising and I thought I was gonna be alright but no I wasn't. Tournament day the fishing was slow and the bites were few and far between. I don't think there are a lot of big fish there but there are a lot of 2 to 4 pounders. So I didn't do so well but I did get on the board and got some points and my co-angler Nelson Oliveira did get us a good largie. The highlight of my day was sharing the stage as co-emcee with Big Jim. I had a blast, he was a very giving and we worked really well together to get every ones bag weighted and have the fish looked after properly. The whole Renegade crew worked hard and professionally in that crazy heat to make sure everything ran smoothly.

 I will be with Big Jim for the rest of the season call the weights and cracking jokes on the Renegade trail. So come out and check us out or tune in on the Renegade website at
http://www.renegadebass.com/  where have a live feed to all our weight-ins.

 Its time to sign off for now I'm sitting in my hotel room in Midland getting ready to pre-fish for a tournament on Georgian Bay in the morning.

Take care & tight lines.

Mike. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment